Preparing your journey

Which travel documents do I need when I go abroad?

On the Stena Line's routes between, Germany and Sweden, Poland and Sweden, an identification document with MRZ code is necessary. A valid identity card or passport issued by an authority within the EU/EEA is sufficient for EU citizens. Non EU citizens need a valid passport and, if applicable, a visa. Information is given by the embassy or consulate.

On the routes between Latvia & Sweden and Germany & Latvia passport or national identity card is the only valid travel documents.

This applies to all passengers, including children.

On the routes between Denmark & Sweden and Denmark & Norway, the identification documents listed below are approved for check-in and travel for citizens within the EU/EEA. For travelers from outside the EU/EEA, passport is the only valid document, this also applies to children.

• A valid passport with MRZ code
• National ID card, issued by an authority within the EU/EEA

This applies to all passengers but children under 16 years traveling with parent/parents is excepted and can travel on their parents ID:s.

When travelling to the United Kingdom a valid passport or ID card is requested. When you are a citizen of a non-EU country you must check that you have all the documents required. Because otherwise you might be refused.

Check the UK Visas and Immigration website for those who needs a visa to entry the United Kingdom.